Friday, December 28, 2007

Mapleleaf Christmas

Chris and I (with Milla) had a nice Christmas visit. We shared a nice meal and spent some time visiting. Wednesday, we went east to the Nature Center and tromped around the hills and valleys out there. Milla liked being in the woods (but she still might like the dog park better?)


The pup likes to help Chris unwrap sweaters. If I had known, I would have wrapped her presents too. After all the presents were opened, we just hung out for a bit. At 18 months or so old, Milla is still a big gentle pup. Chris can do anything with her.


2 comments:

rednk-n-eurp said...

Was this here before? I read the Cousins dinner and the hats posts, but hadn't noticed this one.

When Milla was little I got the impression she would get to be about as big as a Great Dane. (I wonder what the call them in Denmark) I'm sure Chris was pleasantly surprised.

Great to see moving pictures.

Number Three of Eight said...

I learned that they post in order of when you start them not when you publish them. I was initially frustrated with the video and just saved the draft. When I went back and published, blogger inserted the post on the basis of the draft date not the publish date.

Milla never got as big as her mom (90#). She is less than 80 pounds for sure...and I think actually smaller than that. My guess is that Milla's face and color come her marmaduke side (great danes and mastiffs share some genes). I think her short stockiness comes from some Lab in her family tree but we are only guessing. If you saw the photo from last summer when Milla and Griffin were together you can see how small she really is.