Friday, April 3, 2009

Car Accident

This is news that no family wants to hear, however, I want you all to know. This year sure has been a year for me. Stepping out on my own in that big adult world is extremely difficult, and I've really learned to lean on my new friends close to me. I also have my parents on speed dial. Some days I can't get through the day without talking to them upwards of 3 or 4 times a day.

Anyway, Sunday March 31, 2009 I went on a small errand to return fabric softener that I thought was detergent. It was a one mile round trip. I got to Walgreen's safely and made the simple transactions. On my way home I thought "Wow this is great, I'm going to have clean socks!" A light that is almost always green hanging well above my visual area suddenly turned red.

Next thing I knew I saw smoke coming off my newly wrecked engine my airbag in my face. I started screaming "Someone get my out of here!!" "What happened?" "I'm so sorry!" I was able to open my door and start screaming out my door when I kind lady came over and said, "Sweetie do you want to get out of there?" I gladly took her hand and got out of my ruined car.

I had T boned an SUV. I called 911 however, several people had already beat me to the punch. I started panicking about my car but several civilians started saying, "You can replace a car, you can't replace you." They came out of no where. I quickly called my boyfriend who was getting ready to go to work in 20 minutes. He quickly called in and got on the phone to call one of my closest friends.

Finally EMS, a Firetruck, and the police arrived. I denied going to the ER in an ambulance because "It's too expensive," is what I told them. After about an hour my car was towed away and I received a ticket. My boyfriend and Alicia (my close friend) had arrived on the scene. They both rushed me up to the Urgent Care. Ironically it was with in walking distance of my accident.

I spent 2 hours in Urgent care to find out I sprained both my wrists and I'm just really bruised. "Thank God that's all." I also had to take the week off. Which at first was disappointing, but it ended up being a very blessed week.

My car has been totaled and I'm still healing. I have decided not to post any pictures because it's just to tragic. I have 10 inch bruise on my knee and a bruise from the lap belt across my pelvis and then from my hip to my shoulder. The lap belt is what saved my life.

Please pray that I can find a new car and that I can heal quickly. Also please please always wear a seat belt AND dive safely.

4 comments:

Number Three of Eight said...

Annie that's terrible news but I'm so glad it's just bruises and that you are ok.

I love you
Aunt Margaret

rednk-n-eurp said...

man, if we could only beam our paid for car over there. then again, we'd probably just keep it after all that trouble.

Anne - glad to hear you are safe.

rednk-n-eurp said...

ps. do you need clean socks?

rednk-n-eurp said...

Anne, I am glad you are safe.
Monika