Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fresh Paint on the Little Miami Trail

A few mileposts from the Pennsylvania Railroad
remain along the Little Miami Trail.
Most were obscured with lots of brush.


After a lot of work you can see them.
This one is in Terrace Park
just south of New Road.





They needed plenty of scraping and wire-brushing.



A fresh coat of industrial paint brings
them back to life.



Ooo... Ahhh...



Next comes the black paint.



Just like new again.
The arrow on top is an
especially nice element.




We always refer to MP104
as Margaret's milepost.
She's the one who found it.
Thanks, MAE.



5 comments:

Westside News said...

In case you were wondering, I'm pretty sure the mileage is from Columbus, OH.

Triple E said...

That is really cool! I hope to see them this summer when we get in some miles on the trail.

rednk-n-eurp said...

That is pretty cool Dwight.

Number Three of Eight said...

Neat!
Is this the mile marker where I crashed?

Did you do the rehab yourself? If so, did you get any comments from passerbys?

They look great. I hope they don't end up in someones yard as relocated ornament.

Margaret

Westside News said...

You crashed at MP97 just south of Loveland.

I did all the work as a volunteer with "Friends of the Little Miami State Park." Ths is a project we talked about doing on our own anyway. When "Friends" suggested somebody paint them I wanted to jump up and yell "pick me, pick me!"

Actually MP103 is in somebody's back yard. You can see it from the trail in Miamiville. I'm hoping that by restoring them they'll be less likely to disappear.

A number of passersby stopped to inquire what I was painting. All the comments were favorable.