Sunday, March 20, 2011

Witt in Japan

As many of you know I went to Japan last summer for a month-long class on intercultural communication. There was some filming going on during the trip and Wittenberg finally released the finished film. It is only about 4 minutes long and features ME! I had no idea that my interview (out of about 7 other participants who were interviewed) would be so heavily featured. Needless to say I was tickled pink when I saw it.

Tokyo Field Study from Wittenberg University on Vimeo.



That being said this video is also bittersweet for me personally with the disaster going on in Japan right now. I am always afraid of seeing someone I know on the news, I can only half-watch it most days. Read the headlines to get the latest info and then click away. If you want news on the nuclear crisis without the media sensationalizing everything, try this forum. Good cut and dry information without attention-grabbing tactics. It's updated frequently too with a real-time translator of Japanese news. Western nations are "breaking stories" that are hours old.

ALSO
If you want to help donate, I recommend the Red Cross. They don't do a big overhead fee like some other orgs.

2 comments:

Westside News said...

Nice Video. I'm glad you're not there now. I wonder if Witt will be taking anymore groups there this year.

Number Three of Eight said...

Cool beans. A friend's daughter just moved to Japan, after the accident to teach. She loves the culture and has been several times. I'm glad you got to go. Margaret