Wednesday, February 6, 2008

New Look

Hi everybody! I haven't posted anything in a while, gotta make up for lost time!

I am doing well in college this semester. One of my New Years resolutions was to complete my homework BEFORE the day it is due, and I have been keeping up with that pretty well, despite my deeply entrenched procrastination habit. I have officially declared (ooh, scary!) and I am now a Psychology Sociology double major with an English minor. I think I may be overachieving just a little bit, but I feel confident that I can keep it together.

I am still going strong with swimming. The NCAA Conference meet is only a week away, and we are all getting prepared for that. It is the final meet of our season, sorta like a swim team Super Bowl. I am really excited to compete, and I am expecting to get at least one life time best from this meet.

And now for some really BIG news. This is something I haven't even disclosed to my parents yet, so surprise mom and dad! I cut my hair!

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
V




Nyes, shocking isn't it? Incidentally, I have been wanting to cut my hair super short for over a year now. My inspiration comes from the movie V for Vendetta, when Natalie Portman gets a buzz cut. Also Stacy (I mean Kat...) when she came home a couple Christmases ago with a shaved head. Both times I thought they looked great, and really wanted to do it myself. However, I was talked out of it by everyone I mentioned it to. People really hated the idea, especially mom. So, I compromised by waiting a really long time, and by not completely shaving my head. A mohawk is a nice alternative. So far, despite everyone's pessimism on the idea beforehand, I have gotten nothing but good comments on it. I am really quite surprised how well all my friends have accepted it.

Well, that's me. At least for a few months until it grows back in a little bit.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, she was born with a mohawk, so I guess she has gone back to her roots.

Anonymous said...

Wow Em! Come to Europe with that hairstyle and you would fit right in. We have seen some funky hair dos over here. It looks good!
Monika

rednk-n-eurp said...

at least we can see both your eyes. : ) pearls and mohawk go nice together.

now about that psych-soc-english degree...

Number Three of Eight said...

Ha. You've had a year havn't you. Tatoo, piercing, hair. Hair's still the same color...are you going to share the new color pictures later.

Margaret

Anonymous said...

wow!

Anonymous said...

you look great! admire the courage too. michelle

Number Three of Eight said...

Hey, Em
I skipped right to the pictures. Re-read your post tonight...
good luck in you competition! what are the dates?

Margaret