Friday, August 17, 2007

Em's Epic Adventure

My first post! This blog was such a great idea, it is a very helpful tool to keep us all connected even when we are oceans apart.

And as many of you already know, I was over on John and Monica's end of the pond two weeks ago. I was visiting my friend Lucy in the UK, and took the pictures to prove it!

I have WAY more than just these, but I am going to put more up in separate posts once I get them all together. For now, these are only photos I took while in London, enjoy!















The Tower of London...which wasn't really a tower at all. The historical society banner amused me.















London bridge- Very big! And yet so beautiful. Wish the bridges in Cincinnati were this refined.















Me and Lucy on the train. Excited much?




















An old church in London. I honestly can't remember the name, there were a LOT of old churches.
















You see these double decker buses everywhere, I got to ride in one of them as well.
















Trafalga square, it took us forever to find, but it was worth it. Each of the four lions were separately sculpted by hand.





















The Peter Pan tribute, another hard to find statue. It was in the very back corner of St. James park.





















A tribute to Queen Victoria's son. I forget his name... >_<

















The house of Parliment! It is a lot bigger than I imagined, and right along the Thames river.






















Couldn't pass up Big Ben!






















Why was I using my phone? It doesn't even work over there, and with a conveniently placed booth right behind me too... for shame.

















Another tibute to somebody... Right in front of Buckingham Palace
















And there it is!
















This picture is from Brighton, a seaside city about 40 miles south of London. This is Brighton Pier.
















And a better shot of the pier. It goes out a long ways...

















Back to the city, with the Eye of London. I didn't get to ride this however, the line was about two days long and we didnt have a reservation. But London is still awesome on foot.






















Big Ben again.

















A palace with eastern architechural influences.





















Yet another old church. Their size and intricate details never cease to amaze me.


There will be more photos coming in the future! But for now I gotta get packed up for college. I am heading back to school this sunday. I send my love to everyone.

3 comments:

Number Three of Eight said...

Yea! Way to go Em. Thanks so much. Dad and I were in GB together in 1989.
Margaret

rednk-n-eurp said...

Em - great pics of London. what an adventure, one that you will always remember. How many teenager/20 somethings can say they've been out of the country?

ps. nice to see one picture with at least one of Lucy's eyes.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, come to Sweden next time you are in Europe!!
Monika