Saturday, August 11, 2007

Now blooming at Mapleleaf Gardens




I'm excited. As a novice at orchids, I'm delighted when anything blooms. I've learned a bit in the last couple years about enough light and feeding. They aren't ribbon winners but I'm pleased. It's a hobby that requires patience because many only bloom once a year. The bonus is the flowers last from 2 weeks to 2 months. I'm guessing these won't last long due to the heat we are having now. The C. Ports of Paradise is taken at an angle (dizzy) on purpose. It opened sideways...so I turned my camera.

Top to bottom:
  • Brassolaelia Morning Glory (2 photos)
  • Cattleya Ports of Paradise 'Emerald Isle' (classified as "green")
  • Oncidium Carnival Costume (has bloomed for me 2 years now)
  • Iwnanagara Apple Blossom
  • Laeliocattleya Blazing Treat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!
Monika

Anonymous said...

WOW - they are beautiful!
Michelle