Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Cousin Morrie






Anyone who listened to Mom heard the stories about Cousin Morrie. He was in the middle of everything. His mom was Aunt Jessie and Mom had a special relationship with her. What a character. I'm sure I met Morrie when I was little but I was so delighted to meet and talk to him as an adult. It was great to see and hear him narrate Uncle John's baby photos. He is 85 and still full of vinegar and he is exactly like Mom described. Uncle Paul and Uncle Arch added background and prompted wonderful stories and memories. What a treasure! He could do stand up! I was so happy to get the opportunity to spend time with him.

I'm so happy Morrie and his daughter could attend!

Morrie's voice, appearance, and wit are so familiar. I feel like I've always known him. I know I recognize him from my Martin/Marshall heritage...listening to stories from Mom, Grandma M. and the Uncles. There's a little Marshall in me and in all of us.

What a blessing.

1 comment:

rednk-n-eurp said...

Wow. I don't think I've ever heard of cousin Morrie. So if Uncle John was still living he'd be about Morrie's age? I bet they ran together when they were pups.

Morrie's not married to Connie Chung, is he?