Monday, July 2, 2007

Hello from California!

You probably don't recognize my name! Last week I spent the whole day at the courthouse legally changing my name from Stacy Catherine Chambers to Kathleen Kessell Chambers. Kathleen was my birth name and also my birthmother's name and Kessell was my birthfather's last name. So I guess that's my big news. Still trying to track down the rest of my birthfamily- they can't hide from me forever! Oh- and I just got accepted into a graduate program at Cal State Dominguez Hills. I'll be studying Humanities and I start in August.
An update on the Kai: She turned 6 on June 30th and had a big party yesterday. We're leaving for a week of summer camp on Friday. Kai is in cheerleading now and also takes swimming and yoga and is still doing Girl Scouts in Troop 16 which I lead with 2 of my friends. We can't wait to see everyone at Xmas!!
Many blessings,
Kathleen

3 comments:

rednk-n-eurp said...

Kathleen(Stacy - that's going to take some getting use to) - Wow, that is huge news! Congrats on finding your family. You'll still be part of ours, right?

John

Westside News said...

Her biolocal family sent her a family tree taking her all hte way back to Pocahontas! During one of her teenage years, she dressed as Pocahontas for Halloween. Hmm....

Number Three of Eight said...

Golly Stacy that is great. Let's see, Kathleen, Kate, Cat, Kit, Kathy.???? I am so happy for you. There's still a little of us in you too!!!

I love you
Margaret